We are facing a lot of disruption at the moment, due to an increased amount of positive Covid cases. We contacted everyone on Monday this week, 5th July, to inform parents that the number of children requiring to isolate, due to being classed as a contact, was on the increase. Unfortunately, we have needed to close a bubble today, Y4/5 Milfull, as a precaution, as a member of staff has tested positive on a LFT.
The situation at the moment is that we have 3 confirmed cases in Y1 Smith, 3 confirmed cases in Y4/5 and 2 confirmed cases in Y6. None of these children are in the Academy and any children deemed as contacts have been informed and are appropriately isolating. With all schools experiencing a similar pattern to us here at RNA, we are also being impacted by staff shortages due to their parental care requirements. Today the Academy is continuing to run despite having 15 members of staff, from all across the Academy, having to work from home. The school kitchen has also been affected. On Monday there was only one member of staff available to prepare meals and so we had to run a reduced menu, we hope you understand. It is now possible from tomorrow, Friday 9th July, to return to a full menu. We will continue in our efforts to keep the Academy running as normally as possible while ever we are able to do so. With that said, here are a few updates for the final few weeks.
We will continue with our sports days and as parents have been previously informed this will be without any spectators. The days for sports day will remain the same (see below, school calendar and previous Friday messages) with the exception of Y4/5 who have rescheduled their sports day to Thursday 22nd July. All children should come to school in their uniform and bring PE kit in their bag. Children can wear the appropriate colour top for their team (this is the same colour as their team points).
Y2/3 Monday 12th July
Y6 Wednesday 14th July
Nursery, Reception and Y1 children Thursday 15th July
We still hope that we will be able to go ahead with the Y6 leavers assembly on Friday 23rd. This will have to be an outdoor event and will start at 2pm. We will open the field gates for parents to access the site from 1.45 and ask that no more than 2 parents per child attend as we will still require social distancing. After the assembly Y6 children will be able to leave the Academy. If you want to collect siblings then you must be patient as this is not as easy as it was previously. We will request that for the safety, of you, our staff and our pupils that anyone attending wear face masks.
Recovery plans to be announced by the Government.
Obviously, I cannot pre-empt what decisions the PM will make on the 19th July however it would seem prudent that for one week we do NOT change any of the procedures that we have put in place within the Academy regarding risk assessments for Covid. Myself, children, staff, and no doubt yourselves are all looking forward to a well-deserved summer holiday and I do not want a reduction in protocols to negatively impact on that. I hope you appreciate that this decision is the best for our school community.
Summer holiday care
We have looked at the care requirements parents have informed us they require from Flyers over the Summer. These are now the dates we will be open:
|Week 1 (WB 26th July)||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|Week 2 (WB 2nd August)||Monday, Wednesday, Thursday|
|Week 3 (WB 9th August)||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|Week 4 (WB 16th August)||Monday, Tuesday, Thursday|
|Week 5 (WB 23rd August)||Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday|
|Week 6 (WB 30th August)||Wednesday, Thursday, Friday|
Monday 6th September (which is an INSET Day) will also be a day that flyers is open. If you need to book your child in for any of these days, please contact Mrs Saville.